The team at Atec Group has done it again! For the second year in a row, we teamed up with Café Capriccio to bring you an amazing holiday gift! Below is a special instructional video with the Head Chef and Owner of Café Capriccio, Franco Rua. In the video, he will take you step-by-step to show you how to cook and prepare the classic Italian dish, risotto. Buon appetito!
Risotto Written Instructions
- 2/3 cup (160g) Arborio rice
- 1 pack of dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 packet of saffron
- 2 chicken broth cubes
- 2 tablespoons preserved wild onions
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- OPTIONAL: Salt and pepper (to taste)
- OPTIONAL: white wine (to taste)
Step 1: Preparation
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in 2 cubes of chicken broth base cover and return to simmer.
- Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in 1/4 cup of warm water
- Chop the onions to any desired size.
- Grate 1/2 to 1 cup of cheese
- Heat a large, shallow frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Step 2: Cooking the Risotto
- Sautee the chopped onions gently until soft.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for one minute. Safe the water they were soaked in and be careful when removing the mushrooms from the soaking liquid. Make sure not to disturb any solids that may have been collected at the bottom.
- Add the rice and saute it. Stir constantly for a minute or 2.
- OPTIONAL: Add a splash of white wine and stir until evaporated.
- Add the mushroom water. Again be careful not to add any sand that may have collected at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the packet of saffron. Stir.
- OPTIONAL: Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Begin adding hot chicken broth one ladle at a time in one-minute intervals until the broth is used up. Stir thoroughly after every additional ladle of broth.
- Continue to stir until rice is al dente and creamy (should take about 15-20 minutes)
Step 3: Serving the Risotto
- Add cheese (to taste) while the risotto is still in the frying pan. Stir.
- Serve the risotto in a bowl or plate.
- OPTIONAL: Add cheese and/or olive oil (to taste) on top of the risotto
- Buon appetito!