Virtualization touches many aspects of your data center including servers, networks and storage, as well as the organizations and processes that control them.
One of our ATEC Group Virtualization Certified Professionals will work with your team to understand your unique environment and provide guidance on the current best practices for designing, implementing, configuring and managing virtualized infrastructures. We'll review your current environment and provide concrete, actionable recommendations on how you can optimize using various forms of virtualization.
Virtualization has become widely used as a generic term used for server consolidation. By industry definition, virtualization also includes:
- Desktop Virtualization: When desktops are stored and managed on a remote, central server and accessed via remote desktop client from an end-user device.
- Application Virtualization: Individual applications are stored, managed, and accessed from remote, central servers from and end-user device.
- Network Virtualization: Independently dividing the total network bandwidth into assignable channels in real time.
- Storage Virtualization: Pooling of multiple physical storage devices into a single virtual device that is managed from a central console.
- Server Virtualization: Masking of server resources to make management of resources sharing, utilization and maintaining of capacity easier.
Benefits of using virtualization include:
- Reduced hardware costs
- Increases utilization rates from 5-15% to up to 80% with server and desktop consolidation
- Reduce operating expenses with better management and automation
- Flexibility to work from anywhere, anytime using any device
- Do more with less by using your existing storage, applications and even possibly you existing hypervisor, enabling you to leverage your current investments.
Why choose ATEC Group to assist with virtualization?
- Our technical experts have over 4o years of combined virtualization experience.
- We test the virtualization solutions we promote! In fact, we often put these technologies into production internally.
- Our technical experts get their certification training directly from the manufacturers.
To learn more, reach out to one of our virtualization specialists at 518-452-3700 or fill out our contact form!