Atec Group is looking for someone with entry-mid level experience in resolving a variety of information technology (IT) issues. The responsibilities of our Desktop Support Engineer will cover a wide range of duties within IT including, handling network creation and maintenance, troubleshooting technical issues with clients, and generally managing all kinds of IT-related situations and problems.
We are a growing team, and the person who is perfect for this position is looking for an excellent work-life balance, a competitive wage ($40-$60k), and a variety of IT-related challenges that will provide them with valuable experience. You will be a significant part of our company’s growth, and we will be a significant part of yours.
$40,000 – $60,000 Starting Salary
Atec Group offers a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, and 401(k).
- Desktop operating systems (Microsoft Windows 7 – 10, MacOS and Linux Operating Systems)
- Basic understanding of network and security fundamentals
- Working knowledge of telecom and collaboration technologies
- Automation and package creation/deployment technologies
- Installation and configuration of Anti-virus solutions
- Deployment and configuration of print devices
- Remote monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work professionally and efficiently at management and executive levels
- Good problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage and properly prioritize tasks
- Ability to travel to remote locations
- Must have reliable transportation!
Preferred experience (not required):
- Use and troubleshooting of virtualization technologies (VSphere 5.x, 6.x, Horizon View, VMWare Unified Access Gateway)
- Creation and automated deployment of desktop images and applications
- Systems administration of desktop and server operating systems
- Design, implementation, configuration, and support of: systems management/MDM solutions; VoIP and communication devices; enterprise-grade print device and server support; corporate antivirus and Anti-SPAM systems (TrendMicro, Symantec, Sophos, etc.)
This position will require working closely with our sales team and the customer to identify business and technology needs and assist with architecting the solution.
Consulting guidance and recommendations on topics such as networking, capacity planning, performance tuning, administration, security, and remote monitoring are required. Effectively communicating project status, activities, and findings in oral and written formats is also required.
If interested, Please Contact:
Lewis Needham – SVP of Sales and Operations
Email: [email protected]
Direct phone: 518-724-3118