Thank you to everyone who came out for ATEC Group‘s 2019 Technology Day at the Track! We hope you found value in attending our event and learned something new.
On Wednesday, July 17, roughly 100 attendees and partners joined the ATEC Group team for a fun-filled day at both Longfellows Restaurant & The 1863 Club at the historic Saratoga Race Track. The focus of the day was on the latest business IT innovations in the areas of compliance, security, and artificial intelligence.
Check out the video below for some highlights from the day and keep reading for summaries of the engaging sessions. We hope to see you again soon!
Not your average IT conference.
ATEC Group’s 2019 Technology Day at the Track was all new this year.
For ATEC Group’s biggest event of the year, we brought together EIGHT of today’s leading, business-focused technology companies to collaborate and deliver three separate, high-level technology briefings on the same day. While the target audience for each briefing varied, each session incorporated themes related to security, compliance, and artificial intelligence.
Securing the PC Endpoint
- Juergen Bayer, Senior Security Advisor – HP Inc.
- Glen Thompson, Account Executive – HP Inc.
ABSTRACT: It’s no longer a matter of “if,” but “when.” As the world becomes more mobile and connected, cyber attacks continue to rapidly grow in frequency and sophistication, placing your company’s data and personal information at risk. Are you protected? While organizations are aware of the growing threat, most are overly focused on security software and data center protection, while neglect securing client and end-point devices.
Cyberattacks from the Inside Out
- Ryan O’Boyle, Security Analyst Team Lead – Varonis
ABSTRACT: Ryan’s section of “Before the Jack” focused on a common attack vector that highlights how insiders can exploit basic Windows functionality to escalate privileges and gain access to sensitive enterprise data. The first part of the presentation walked through the attack scenario, where a technical insider performs basic reconnaissance, compromises a service account, and uses the privileged service account to access critical financial data. Once the attack was complete, Ryan shifted gears to the Blue Team and show how an analyst would be able to use the Varonis Data Security Platform to perform a forensic investigation, piecing this timeline back together.
Journey into the Digital Workspace
- Brian McElroy, End User Computing – VMware, Inc.
ABSTRACT: The digital workspace represents a holistic change in the way end user services are delivered by IT, enabling you to deliver the apps and data that employees need in order to work across any device. By taking advantage of today’s cloud-based management technologies, digital workspace solutions deliver self-service, out-of-the-box experiences that scale across platforms, locations, and device ownership models. During this section of “Before the Jack,” Brian discussed how to improve your end users’ onboarding experience and how to best manage access to technology and applications.
Traditional vs. ML/AI Assisted Networking
- Robert Kwiatkowski, Senior Systems Engineer – Extreme
- Gregory Bleaux, K12 Account Executive – Extreme
ABSTRACT: The amount of data traversing over networks today is so astronomical that it has become impossible for humans to process, analyze and act on it. In this section of “After the Jack,” attendees learned how to help your organization by utilizing the power of machine learning and artificial intelligence to harness the data and process it faster, smarter and more efficiently. As we embark on the Autonomous Enterprise era, ML/AI solutions can automate operations, enhance security and enrich the user experience.
The Fortinet Security Fabric
- Jenna Tombolesi, Systems Engineer – Fortinet
ABSTRACT: The Fortinet Security Fabric delivers a unified approach that is broad, integrated, and automated. Reduce and manage the attack surface through integrated broad visibility, stop advanced threats through integrated AI-driven breach prevention, and reduce complexity through automated operations and orchestration. To kick off the “After the Jack” session, Jenna discussed Fortinet’s Security Fabric architecture, Single-pane-of-glass management, and demoed their Security Fabric Integration.
HCI Hybrid Multicloud Experience: Build Clouds to Accelerate Services
- Doug Brown, Cloud Infrastructure Account Manager – NetApp
ABSTRACT: ElementOS and StorageGRID are two key components to NetApp’s Data Fabric. Whether your charter is to move to full Cloud adoption or you are finding the cost of Cloud too costly, NetApp’s Data Fabric allows customers to manage their data effective and efficiently on-premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid fashion. ElementOS with both SolidFire and NetApp HCI allow customers to automate and orchestrate your on-premise private cloud. StorageGRID, object store, allows customers seamless integration via S3 in addition to lowering the cost of Flash storage through tiering.
InfoSight’s AI, security with iLO Advanced, Compliance with OneView
- Donald Gellenthien, Channel Sales & Enterprise Solutions Architect – HPE
ABSTRACT: Hewlett-Packard Enterprise has the most secure and intelligent servers in the industry. In this section of “Where’s my Stuff?” Don discussed what makes HPE servers different from the rest of the pack while demonstrating the security benefits of the iLO5, including its capabilities for protecting against, detecting, and recovering from breaches. Don also covered how collecting critical information from the iLO5 integrates into HPE’s Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning cloud based tool, HPE InfoSight, while demonstrating how InfoSight can help reduce downtime and keep your servers running at your expected performance levels.
The Veeam Availability Suite
- Michael Brown, Field Solutions Architect, Veeam Software – Tech Data
- Hong Le, Business Development Executive, Veeam – Tech Data
ABSTRACT: In this section of “Where’s My Stuff?” attendees learned how the Veeam Availability Suite delivers Availability for ALL workloads — virtual, physical and cloud — from a single management console. For over a decade, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery and replication solutions. Initially focused on server virtualization for VMware environments, Veeam quickly became the leader in this category, and it is what the company is best known for.
In recent years, Veeam has expanded on this core backup and recovery offering, delivering integration with multiple hypervisors, endpoints and physical servers, along with public cloud (IaaS [Infrastructure as a Service]) and SaaS-based (Software as a Service) workloads, while partnering with leading cloud, storage and application vendors.
Thanks to the generous support of our partners, ATEC Group’s 2019 Technology Day at the Track was FREE for all attendees.
About our partners:
- Hewlett-Packard Inc. | Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere — every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us — inspires us — to do what we do. To make what we make. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze. We won’t stop pushing ahead, because you won’t stop pushing ahead. You’re reinventing how you work. How you play. How you live. With our technology, you’ll reinvent your world. This is our calling. This is a new HP. Keep reinventing.
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise | What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act. HPE helps customers make their mark on the world with cutting-edge technology solutions. We enable our customers to transform industries, markets, and lives by optimizing their IT to be uniquely suited to their needs. We do this by making Hybrid IT simple, powering the Intelligent Edge, and providing the Expertise to make it happen. Our customers’ challenges inspire us to advance technology and create solutions – their success is our success. Let’s make our mark!
- Extreme | Extreme Networks designs, develops, and manufactures wired and wireless network infrastructure equipment and develops the software for network management, policy, analytics, security and access controls. Here we’ll discuss how to help your organization by utilizing the power of machine learning and artificial intelligence in every aspect of your network infrastructure.
- Veeam | For over a decade, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery and replication solutions. In recent years, Veeam has expanded on this core backup and recovery offering, delivering integration with multiple hypervisors, endpoints and physical servers, along with public cloud (IaaS [Infrastructure as a Service]) and SaaS-based (Software as a Service) workloads, while partnering with leading cloud, storage and application vendors.
- NetApp | NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touch points, foster greater innovation, and optimize their operations.
- Varonis | Varonis is a pioneer in data security and analytics, specializing in software for data protection, threat detection and response, and compliance. Varonis protects enterprise data by analyzing data activity, perimeter telemetry, and user behavior; prevents disaster by locking down sensitive data; and efficiently sustains a secure state with automation.
- Fortinet | Fortinet provides top-rated network and content security, as well as secure access products that share intelligence and work together to form a cooperative fabric. Our unique Fortinet Security Fabric delivers broad protection and visibility to every network segment, device, and appliance, whether virtual, in the cloud, or on-premises.
- VMware | VMware streamlines the journey for organizations to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and empower employees to do their best work. Our software spans compute, cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace. VMware has been in business for over 20 years and is the leader in Virtualization.